Monday, April 25, 2016

On Hiatus, Again



Hi everyone.  I’m putting the Almanack on hiatus again, at least so far as the monthly calendar is concerned. As many of you know, I've dropped out as administrator of my Facebook groups, cut back my memberships in others, and listed my status as "Retired". This should be no cause for concern, but between feeling the pangs of Elder Burnout and the knowledge that the next generation is now ready, willing, and able to take over, I decided I need a sabbatical, particularly when other aspects of my life are in transition. I value the friendships, old and new, that I've made, but feel I can't function as well as I "should" or perhaps as others expect me to. I am not the Jedi Master you are looking for. I'll still be around, and will still honour my personal commitments, I just need some time off to regroup and work on my own journey for awhile. To quote Bilbo Baggins, “I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.” I love you all.

May Events:
Note these events are listed for information purposes only. Dates and locations may be subject to change; see the source for details. If I’ve missed anyone and you’d like to add to this listing, please contact me. All times Mountain Daylight Time.

May 1: Beltane.
May 4: ...and also with you.
May 4:  Cinco de Cuatro.
May 5:  Cinco de Mayo.
May 6:  Hold de Mayo.
May 6, 1:31 pm: New Moon. Saille/Willow lunar month begins.
May 7, 7:30 pm:  COGCOA Coffee Cauldron. http://www.cogcoa.ab.ca
May 8: Mothers’ Day.
May 9: Mercury transits the Sun.
May 14, 10:00 am:  New Age Market at Hillhurst-Sunnyside Community Hall.
May 14:  World Fair Trade Day.
May 18, 7:30 pm:  Calgary Witches' Meetup. http://www.meetup.com/calgary-witches.
May 21, 7:30 pm:  Calgary Witches' Full Moon Circle. See May 18.
May 21, 3:16 pm:  Full (Flower) Moon.
May 22: Mercury Retrograde ends.
May 23: Victoria Day.
May 28, 7:00 pm: Calgary Heathen Meet & Greet. Info: Calgary Heathens on Facebook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home